Monday 5 November 2012

Rudebits DB1 - El Diablo


It is with great pleasure that I bring you the second instalment of my really exciting Rudebits DB1 project....El Diablo. The red transformation of the Rudebits DB1 has been a very fun process so far. I was greeted from my rather heavy slumber earlier in the week by a wind swept and fairly dishevelled postman who thrust a small package into my hands and said...."Priority mail from the fires of hell Mr Styles". I signed on his digital screen and slammed the door, really eager to see what Satan had sent me.....the contents of that fiery package are below!

Blood red hardware anybody?
I was gobsmacked by the amazing finish that had been created on all the previously gunmetal aluminium hardware for my buggy. I asked the devils of Babylon to try and get blood red......the transfusion was complete ;)

The local blood bank would pay good money for this little lot!!
To say that the guys in charge of colouring my metal parts had done a good job is a slight understatement. The matt blood red finish was exactly what I wanted and I set about re-building my DB1 buggy with the newly refurbished items. The anodising was so well done that every single screw hole and thread was perfect. It makes me realise how precision this process is with the colour wizards obviously dealing with mere microns of coating to achieve this beautiful finish.

Note the small contact line at the bottom of the motor plate....electrical charges have been here!!

The Kyosho Big Bore shocks look wonderful in the new red coating

Red up the rear as well if you excuse the expression ;)

Now I had all my metal parts coated in their new blood red finish I was really looking forward to my new DB1 Shadow body shell arriving from our friend and fellow racer Matt Coleman. Matt has been working really hard on creating a really special shell for this car and his interpretation of a few very excited emails from me was not a disappointment. It arrived well packaged and I feel Matt has made a really good effort in capturing the essence of both the colour scheme, and the devilish theme.

I asked Matt to base his paint job on a Japanese blade style design

Matt's choice of shapes really made the body look fast...this will help with the fact that I am in fact very slow!

Matt has also managed to get a rather lovely deep blood red in the design to 'pop' against the new metal parts

This should scare a few marshall folk as they turn over Satan's ride!
I am super happy with the first 2 stages of this transformation. For a buggy that needs no improvements with regards the actual driving experience, and let me be honest here, neither does the buggy actually need any aesthetic upgrades, I think the added blood red parts have really made it look special.

I have had lots of messages and oOple forum suggestions regarding just how far I can push this red devil theme folks. I recently decided to go that little bit further by ordering a red Speed Passion motor and ESC. Tresrey, the masters of everything red in RC, currently supply a special edition combo that includes the GTII Pro esc. I chose a 6.5T motor as my buggy races around on large indoor and outdoor track environments. Check out the Tresrey monsters below!!

Bloody Mary!! Tresrey have done it again....
Well, so far things are developing nicely and I feel that although some may say that my upgrades are never going to make the buggy any faster...well...it definitely looks cool. Did somebody just shout RED CARBON CHASSIS!!?? Stay tuned for more El Diablo fun as I continue in my quest to make my Rudebits DB1 a real fire breathing one-off.


To get your sweaty palms on a Rudebits DB1 conversion kit visit: www.rudebits.co.uk
To learn more about Matt Colemans lovely bodyshell painting visit: Matt Coleman custom paint
To grab some wonderful 3 Racing upgrades and all your Kyosho spares visit: www.insidelineracing.co.uk
To learn more about El Diablo in the real sense....giggle a bit and visit: El Diablo
Stay in touch with everything Ruidebits DB1 related over at our favourite RC forum: www.oople.com


No comments:

Post a Comment