Monday 19 March 2012

Schumacher Cougar SV2 - First look at the buggy that everybody has been waiting for



It has been an exciting few days over at ORRC head quarters. As we look forward to a truly thrilling 2012 off-road racing season, it is with great pleasure that I bring you the first of many features that will focus on Schumacher's new 2wd Cougar SV2.

Having been a life-long Schumacher fan, you can imagine that it didn't take me long to answer the guys at Schumacher when I was recently given the opportunity to build, review and drive the Cougar SV2 during the 2012 race calendar. I have spent some real quality time in several busy pit areas over the last 3 months talking with fellow Schumacher members such as Tom Cockerill, Grant Williams, and Robin Schumacher himself. I quickly began to understand the true depth of research and development that was going into creating the brands latest offering to the ever popular 2wd 1/10th off-road class. Watching the first few proto-type chassis in the hands of those guys who rarely miss an apex was really inspirational, and I was so excited last week when my own personal kit finally arrived.


Over the following 6 months I will be eating, sleeping, and hopefully racing nothing but Cougar SV2 in the hope of bringing my readers an in-depth working diary of my experiences on and off the track with my new Schumacher race buggy. Unlike other 'reviews', my main aim is to translate the good, the bad, and the indifferent points about this new kit, whilst always staying focused on some simple facts. I will always be honest, objective, and constructive with all of my kit reviews. This will undoubtedly give all those racers and RC fans who fancy investing in the Cougar SV2 a really comprehensive source of research material, straight from the hands of what I generally call myself, a slightly more 'mortal racer' ;)


So sit back and enjoy the first few images of my freshly finished Cougar SV2 kit build. I am currently waiting for my professional body shell painter to finish my Schumacher team colours so no lid at this point folks. For those of you who have been following my RC journalism for some time, you will be familiar with the unusual photography. For those who are new to my work...welcome to a whole new angle on not just off-road RC.....but the Schumacher Cougar SV2....I can't think of a better way to be spending my summer :)


Big bore shocks that build like a dream and provide the new Cougar SV2 with a beautiful ride

Saddle battery lay-out with options to run sticks as well!

Sway bar is included in the kit and the newly designed rear camber plate is very nice indeed

Set up with the stock 20mm ride height the new design looks slammed and aggressive

Slimmer and longer than the first Couagr SV model, the buggy looks fast sat still!

The stock anti-squat settings seem a perfect compliment to the shock stroke and drive shaft travel


 Stay tuned here for a closer look into the new refinements that could catapult this new buggy into the lofty realms of Schumacher racing history.

To get your hands on the Schumacher Cougar SV2 visit : www.racing-cars.com

No comments:

Post a Comment