Thursday 15 March 2012

Schumacher Cougar SV2 - Drivers Diary starts here!!


 Well folks, it is with great pleasure that I bring you some wonderful off-road racing news. I am really excited to announce that the 2012 1/10th off-road season will see me taking up a new challenge as the official 'Works review driver' for RC off-road manufacturing giants Schumacher!. This new role will firstly see me getting up close and personal with some of the company's newest products, and most importantly building, testing, and ultimately driving the new Cougar SV2 Competition 2wd buggy.

My relationship with Schumacher products started many years ago as a child when I clearly recollect gazing at a shiny new Schumacher Cat and wondering if I would ever be able to actually own one of these ground-breaking off-road racers. Switch forward nearly 20 years and here I am with an amazing opportunity to 'take to the sticks' once again whilst campaigning the new Cougar SV2 through a full season of Mid-West regional off-road meetings. I will also be travelling all over the U.K  this summer and thrashing this hotly anticipated National winning platform at any given opportunity.


The guys down at Schumacher have really blown me away with this opportunity and I would like to personally thank Robin and the rest of his team for their trust and enthusiasm in my new projects, both here on my blog and over at www.oople.com

Over the next 6 months you can expect to see some really interesting features that will focus on just how the Schumacher team, alongside young racing legend Tom Cockerill, have taken an already beautifully created, fast, and consistent winning platform and guess what....they made it better! I will be building the new Cougar over the next few days and then getting ready to hand over my spanking new kit to our resident electrical wizard Dave Williams. Dave will be installing my running gear as we both warm ourselves up to get the new buggy out to the track and put it through it's paces. During the upcoming Mid-West regional series, Dave will also be running the new Cougar SV2, and between us, with support from Schumacher, we will be on hand for any racers who would like to come over and meet us...but more importantly meet the new thoroughbred 2wd race machine from Schumacher.

 My plan is to keep my readers updated with weekly news, team driver tips from the guys who actually win week in week out, and my own feedback from a journalistic and very humble racers point of view. You can also expect to see an extensive feature running over at www.oople.com in my 'Under The Lid' section where I will be picking the brains of Robin Schumacher, Tom Cockerill, Grant Williams, Lloyd Storey, and of course Schumacher legend Simon Moss with regards to how their relationship with the new Cougar SV2 is developing.


My goal with this project is to allow every racer who is interested in learning more about the Cougar SV2 a really exclusive opportunity to get beyond the average magazine article or forum thread. I can promise you all that what we don't know about the Schumacher Cougar SV2 in 6 months...is probably a secret ;)

I am humbled to have this opportunity and wish all Schumacher staff, drivers, and supporting partners a very successful 2012 season. If you see me track side come over and have a look at the new car, I can't promise I will be winning (but will be trying my best), but I can promise I'll always take time out of my day to share my experiences with you all. Stay tuned as we get Cougar SV2 crazy...:)



To get your hands on the new Schumacher Cougar SV2 visit http://www.racing-cars.com

No comments:

Post a Comment