Friday 30 March 2012

A trip to Schumacher HQ - Robin Schumacher welcomes me to the home of the original British manufacturer


Today I made the journey down the M6 from my Black Country home to spend some time with the guys down at Schumacher Racing head quarters in Northamptonshire. After a warm welcome from Robin Schumacher himself, I was treated to a really inspiring tour around the place that Schumacher call home. I was introduced to some of the super dedicated team that have assisted the Schumacher family in creating the RC brand we have all enjoyed for a little over 2 decades. Robin gave me a wonderful insight into some of the behind the scenes work that goes into every product we see available within the RC community from the brand. One of the really exciting things about my visit was learning from Robin that Schumacher still produce a vast number of their product items directly where we were standing! No Eastern mass production here.

Robin was really keen to point out that the current Cougar SV2 benefits from nearly all of it's terminal parts being created at the Schumacher factory in the U.K. Robin enthused that they always prefer this style of manufacturing as they can keep a very close eye on quality control.

"We even cut our own carbon shock towers right here next to where we are stood" Robin commented.

As part of my visit I was really happy to confirm with Robin that I will be representing Schumacher track side with a team drive for 2012. It really is a great pleasure to be supporting the brand who contributed greatly in creating my passion for off-road racing during my teenage years. Armed with the new Cougar SV2, my main agenda for this welcome affiliation with Schumacher will be to provide racers, and keen off-road enthusiasts,with a chance to get a closer and more detailed look at the brand new Cougar SV2 during my 2012 racing season. As previously mentioned in my other articles, if you see me trackside then please do come and say Hi. I will be happy to share my experiences with anybody who has an interest in the Schumacher range of products.


The guys at Schumacher have a really nice skill of making you feel part of the family as soon as you meet them. My sincere thanks go out to Robin and the rest of the team for having me, during what is set to be a very exciting year ahead.

Spares ready for my racing. The SV2 feels as strong as an OX....but it is off-road folks so there are bound to be casualties...especially with my driving  ;)

7.5T Speed Passion V3, the new power plant for my buggy. Fast and reliable...seems the top choice when I speak with the super stars.   




If you would like to learn more about the full range of Schumacher products please visit: www.racing-cars.com

No comments:

Post a Comment